Sunday, November 3, 2013

Table Runner for Christmas

Many years ago I swapped strips of Christmas fabrics with internet friends.  Ever since, I’ve been working them into projects and wondering if I would ever come to the end of the pile. 

This year, I’ve made another table runner using those strips, and there are now only a very few left.  Hooray!

I adapted a pattern called Baby Juniper from the new book Angles With Ease published by Anka’s Treasures.  I am calling the trees on my runner Pine Trees, because junipers in this part of the world are not that shape.   The Triangler ruler that goes with the book made cutting the pieces very simple. 

IMG_2475

 

IMG_2476

  I completed the runner with some machine quilting.  Now I’m not quite sure what those shapes represent – snowflakes, perhaps? 

 

 

It’s great fun to have some Christmas stitching already finished!

 

 

 

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so pretty and I just love how you quilted it!

Ramona said...

What a great idea for your strips. I love how you quilted it, too. Very nice!