All done, even the binding! (The label will have to wait until a destination is finalized.)
This quilt was started many years ago in a naive attempt to “use up all the scraps”. When I pulled it out a few months ago there was a note and a sketch, so I was able to see at a glance what was required to complete the top. The note was dated 1997. That means these fabrics were the ones that were old and I wanted them gone – fifteen years ago! As I studied the top I realized that I still have bits of quite a few of these fabrics in my present collection – perhaps it is time for some serious stash-busting!!
Here is the Scrappy Braid quilt in all its asymmetrical splendour. As I stitched the columns together, quilted it, bound it, I enjoyed those (old) fabrics all over again. And it was with a great sense of accomplishment that I wrote FINISHED beside this one on my list for this year.