Sunday, April 1, 2012

UFO for March

 

Nearly done!  But since my goal is to complete this as a challenge project that is due this summer, I have plenty of time to finish up the binding.

Fifties fabrics1

This is an OLD project.  The fabrics are vintage – from the 50s.  I assembled the piece at least 20 years ago, and it has been waiting ever since to be completed.  I think the solid black fabric is a polyester blend.  (I either didn’t know the difference back then or I didn’t have any black cotton.) 

I backed it with muslin, added a scrap of lovely wool batting, and did some hand quilting.  Please don’t look at my stitches too closely. 

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

A UFO you must be pleased to complete.

JudyCinNC said...

OTL is such joy - just getting it off the list is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing your quilt with us. Judy C