Sunday, August 14, 2016

Another try at Celtic Solstice

I pulled out THAT project again -- the one from December of 2013 when Bonnie Hunter began the Celtic Solstice mystery quilt.  This time I made some good progress.
Both sets of blocks are completed at last.  (I've made a few changes in the star block to make the green chains run across the quilt in both directions.) 

Here are a few of the blocks laid out as they will be sewn. I find myself second guessing my colour choices, but all in all, I think I like the way it works!

For now all the blocks are back in their bag, and I was able to return the extra fabric to the stash bins. One of these days I'll take this to a group Sew Day.  Sewing all the blocks together to make the top will be the perfect project to work on while sewing with friends.






3 comments:

Betty Copping said...

I really like the colours! Will be looking firward to seeing the finished product. :-D

MissPat said...

I think your colors,are terrific. Wait until you sew them together. The movement will be incredible. Make sure you finish it.
Pat Evans

quilty mama said...

I lover your colors! Very pretty.