The other day I came across it again and decided that NOW was the time to get this used up! I cut out as many 6 1/2" squares as I could -- there were 20 -- perfect! I found a striped fabric that used the same colours for the sashing and some scrappy yellow squares for cornerstones. Great! This is the beginning of a child-sized quilt.
|Butterfly blocks on my design wall ready to become a quilt top.|
And I picked up the rest of the fabric and dropped it into the trash!
|Gone! That's the end of that fabric!|
However, if you went into the sewing room later you might have seen this:
|Maybe someone needed to "rescue" a couple of butterflies and a few two-inch squares |
and some 2 1/2" triangles...