I’m happy to report that progress was made on this month’s UFO. I had a small pile of blocks, but the project was stalled because I couldn’t decide if I should make more blocks, make different blocks, etc. So when I pulled them out of the box I decided they were going together somehow, no matter what!
Instead of the originally planned long table runner the blocks became a square. Whether this will be a table topper or a cushion or the centre of a larger project is yet to be decided.
The project is based on Helene Knott’s pattern called Magic Squares, though I used a different construction method. I love the three dimensional effect of the lights and darks in these simple blocks.