Monday, September 3, 2012

August 2012 UFO

The UFO for August was my Log Cabin and Stars top.  No progress – not a stitch – was made on this. 

ACQ

August was a very busy month. I was invited back to Along Came Quilting in Calgary where I met a group of ladies eager to learn how to use Electric Quilt software and we spent a busy three days exploring the program. (And I did manage a bit of shopping time in the store as well – so many beautiful fabrics to dream over!}

August was also full with extra days at work and time spent outside doing yard chores.

 

 

But some sewing did happen.  My Orca Bay top is close to completion. It will get simple borders – I just don’t have the heart to make more black and white units as called for in the original.  My sister says this reminds her of watermelons, so I think its name will be “Down by the Bay”.

Down by the Bay

No comments: