Thursday, March 31, 2011

UFO Completed for March

IMG_1125 In my box of UFOs  #1 turned out to be these Wonky Pumpkins.  The pumpkin blocks were made last fall as a demo for a class.  As I worked with the blocks this month I explored various liberated piecing ideas and had a great time. 
I also managed to incorporate a specific fabric (“Winter’s Grace, by Mark Lipinski), thus satisfying the requirements for a challenge I’m engaged in.   I’m delighted to have this little wall quilt all together.  I’ve even started on the quilting, and the binding is made and ready to apply. 
Now I'm eager to see what the project will be for next month!

11 comments:

CindyC said...

I love how it looks! Wonky piecing gives so much character and charm that is not there with perfect piecing.

JudyCinNC said...

I love this quilt - wonky is good - all ready for October. Judy C

Jennifer said...

I really like the wonkyness of this quilt! Congrats on getting it together and good luck finishing up the quilting.

Jennifer said...

what a great quilt! it's so wonky and fun...

Dionne said...

Congratulations! Such a cute quilt, you'll love taking this out in the fall! Sadly I'm only 2 for 3 (March let me down). Looking forward to seeing what you finish in April!
Cheers,
Dionne

AnnieO said...

Very quirky and fun and charming! Congrats on your UFO finish.

Donna~~ said...

Very cute--wonky is perfect for this! And great color choices! Congrats on your March finish!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Halloween quilts are my favorites! This is a great one!

BetsyE said...

Really charming! Nice job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is wonderful!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great quilt...very interesting to look at with lots to see!