Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January UFO complete


My UFO for January is finished! The Number of the Month in the UFO Challenge was #6, which on my list was the Hudson Bay Log Cabin (pattern from “Yes You Can! Make Stunning Quilts from Simple Patterns” by Judy Martin). The blocks were completed last year and needed to be put together in a top.

The top is complete and the border is done. I used a lovely Jinny Beyer border print fabric that I’ve been hoarding “for something special”. I decided this was special enough.

My goal was to complete the top. It would then go on my pile of “tops in waiting” ready to be turned into a real quilt when the need arose. It looks like this one won’t be “in waiting” for very long – I have a recipient in mind and am just awaiting a bit more information so that I can get it quilted and sent off to its new home.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cris said...

What a beautiful quilt! It is a powerful composition and a beautiful set of colors. I just wanted to call your attention to a wrong link in Judy's list of finished UFOs. The error page leads to your home page, so I could see your quilt.
Cris

Debbie said...

Great job! I have that Judy Martin book and love log cabins. Very nice!

JudyCinNC said...

Very nice log cabins - this ended up very grand.

Heather said...

Beautiful! Whoever gets that quilt will love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

This quilt looks great close up, but I especially LOVE the layout that shows up so beautifully on the computer screen...great job!

Dionne said...

Wow! That is one beautiful quilt! My #6 is also finished and waiting to be quilted and bound. Unless I decide to put a border on it. I'm so indecisive. But I love your finish!
Cheers,
dionne

Connie said...

I love the setting for your log cabin. It is really unusual. Beautiful quilt

swooze said...

Great quilt. I am glad to see I am not the only one who has a goal of just top stage for some of their UFOs.

Unknown said...

Beautiful - I love the star the blocks make in the middle!!